The following short hair styling tips will carry you through the summer with ease. Grab a headband or your favorite wrap and hit the beach!
Short Hair Styling Tips and Ideas
While many ladies might think short hair is super simple to wear, that’s not always the case. Depending on your hair type and texture it can be even more challenging to keep short hair tamed, especially if you’re managing unruly curls or over-processed tresses.
1. Spray Accessories with a Texture Spray- Are you tired of bobby pins slipping out of your pixie haircut? Spritzing your barrettes and pins prior to insertion will help them stay in place. You can also use a dry shampoo if you prefer.
2. Cold Cream- Classic cold cream products such as Pond’s or Nivea can be used to smooth down fly aways. Stow a jar in your beach bag and you’ll be all set whenever your style needs to be tamed.
3. Homemade Salt Spray- Love the look and feel of beachy hair, sans the beach? You can make your own version of a sea salt spray by pouring one can of seltzer water into a spray bottle, add one teaspoon of sea salt, and shake. Spray allover your hair for instant summer texture and (if you’ve got ’em), waves!
4. Lazy Day Blowdry- It’s OK to slack off in the summertime, especially when it comes to your hair. Rather than spending a half hour to style your short hair, blowdry your tresses only 50% of the way, and then air dry the rest. You’ll be rewarded with volume, bounce, healthier hair, and an easier styling routine.
5. Braid Your Bangs- If you have a bang that’s in-between lengths you know just how annoying it can be to style your hair. Braiding your bang and securing it to the side of your head will open up your face and keep those little flyaways straight.
Need more ideas or a new short hair style consultation? Contact Juldan Salon today.