Are you wondering how to make your hair grow faster? If you covet the length of mermaid locks but don’t want to shell out the cash or the maintenance for hair extensions, there are a few things you can do to stimulate hair growth. While there is no magic pill for overnight Rapunzel tresses, these 5 tips will help you get there, a little quicker…
1. Scalp Massage- Daily scalp massage can help stimulate hair growth as will hair brushing. Go ahead and try 100 strokes and see if you begin to notice a difference. If anything, it feels good!
2. Straighten Your Hair- Curly and wavy hair always appears a little shorter. If you want your hair to look and feel its longest, opt for a smooth blowout.
3. Diet- Increase your protein intake and include healthy dietary fats. The top foods to encourage hair growth include yogurt, avocado, blueberries, salmon, walnuts, olive oil and oysters. Cut out the junk food.
4. Proper Hair Care- Taking good care of your hair will help it grow faster. This includes regular trims, limiting the use of heated styling tools, and washing hair less often. Go ahead and skip a day (or two!)
5. Visit Your Stylist- In addition to proper hair care make sure you visit a professional hair stylist for all of your services. Don’t try at-home hair color or do it yourself cuts. Chances are your stylist might have to fix your tresses, and that means losing a little (or a lot!) of length.